February 6, 2010 Leave a comment
Many parents like Winnie the Pooh and like it when their kids watch it. I think that that is strange, because all the characters in the Winnie the Pooh universe or the “100 Acre Wood” are really messed up.
- First you have Winnie the Pooh or Pooh Bear. Pooh Bear has an obvious substance abuse problem. The reason Pooh Bear talks so slow, is that he is in a constant state of a sugar crash.
- Eeyore is constantly depressed. Winning the lottery and Paxil would not pull this character out of his deep depressive state.
- Rabbit is the token republican of the 100 Acre Wood who just looks after his garden. He also watches to make sure that Pooh Bear and the rest of the miscreants in the 100 Acre Wood are living with proper values.
- Tigger is a bad relationship role model for kids because he shows kids that you can have fun playing with your tail all day long.
- Piglet is the only normal guy in the forest, but he has no self confidence. Who can blame him though, you would be insecure too if you where a guy who had to wear pink all day long.